Welcome to Rarotonga’s fishing lodge accommodation – GT’s on the beautiful tropical island of Rarotonga, Cook Islands. GT’s Lodge is stunningly appointed making it the perfect base for those wanting to go deep sea game fishing, cruising or just relaxing in the total privacy of our beautiful gardens and spectacular pool. Your hosts, Grant & Touzelle Wilson are available on site to make sure your holiday is the most memorable yet.
Located in Tupapa, GT’s is minutes away from Avatiu, the main fishing harbour where we have our 50ft motor catamaran Clansmen, and Avarua, the main town centre of Rarotonga. The lodge features quality accommodation for up to eight guests and is nestled on 3000m² of palm trees, hibiscus, gardenias and local fruit trees. It offers the guests a feeling of coming home to tranquillity and paradise. The perfect place to wind down after a days game fishing or cruising on Blue Water Tours or, just visiting the sights and sounds of Rarotonga in our courtesy car.
As they say “Arrive a stranger, leave a friend”. A fabulous stay. Look forward to the next time. Amie & Arron
Wow, wow, wow! Made our stay very relaxing and lots of fun. Glenn & Sue
Great place, excellent food, decor superb, fantastic hosts. Will be back. Craig & Sandra
Great time, thanks for everything. Great hosts. Spiers family
For information on our SPECIAL DEALS go to our “Rates” section.
GT’s offers boutique accommodation for one group of up to eight people in four rooms of modern, spacious design hidden in a truly private and tranquil setting. The double rooms are all fully air-conditioned and all rooms have ceiling fans for your comfort. Each room looks out and has access to our own tropical gardens and pool with ample decks to relax on.
Our rooms each provide a full wardrobe with a safe for all your personal items. Of the spacious double rooms one bedroom has its own ensuite with the other two sharing a big bathroom and two separate toilets. There is now a new “bunk” room which also has it’s own bathroom and is perfect for adults or children alike. All double rooms have super king beds, one of which can be split if necessary.
Laundry can be done on request. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property with a Zenbu Wifi card which is available directly from GT’s Lodge.
GT’s – your private accommodation……..
There is a separate private lounge for guests use complete with your own TV and home theatre system. GT’s Lodge provides a range of movies, books and local information for your pleasure. We offer a fully stocked mini bar with a selection of wines, spirits, beers, mixers, water, tea and Nespresso coffee making facilities.
A full breakfast of fresh fruit, cereals, cooked menu options, and beverages is offered each morning on our private dining deck. GT’s Lodge can also arrange 3 course dinners cooked for you by our fantastic chef and served either on our dining deck or by the pool, the choice is yours.
In the fully fenced garden guests have access to their own BBQ area and facilities. The perfect place to cook some of that fresh fish you just caught. We also grow a lot of our own produce which is available for you to pick and enjoy. The pool is stunning, private, and available to use or just lounge around.
GT’s provides a courtesy car for our guests to use. We have a range of golf clubs available for your use. Snorkelling gear is provided and we can show you all the best spots to visit.
When staying at GT’s, Grant and Touzelle can make the Lodge available to you for small functions i.e. Birthdays, Anniversary’s, Weddings, etc and will organise everything you require to make your special day one you will never forget.
Rarotonga’s Fishing Lodge – GT’s.
GT’s Lodge is affiliated with Blue Water Tours. Our boat Clansmen is a well appointed 50ft Catamaran which is the perfect base for all your fishing needs. We provide the latest shimano rods and reels, lures, bait, and have excellent facilities including full toilet facilities. Gourmet food is provided by our chef, along with bottled water for your pleasure.
GT’s Lodge is also affiliated with Blue Water Tours whose well-appointed 50ft Catamaran specialises in Whale Watching/Outer Reef Tours, Sunset Canape Cruises,Outer Island Tours, & Private Party Tours. Seeing Rarotonga from the ocean is a great experience which many of our guests enjoy.
Rarotonga has one golf course and the people of the Rarotongan Golf Club make visitors very welcome. GT’s has its own golf cart available as well as several sets of golf clubs for our guests use.
Rarotonga has an amazing amount of things to do and places to explore, and it is up to you how much you feel like doing. GT’s has a comprehensive guide to activities on the island and are available to talk to you about the many different options available. We can take care of all your bookings if preferred.
- Aitutaki Day Tour
- Beauty Spas
- Cultural Tours
- Conservation & Eco Tours
- Cook Islands Arts
- Diving and Snorkelling
- Island Show & Dinner Nights
- Island Walks
- Kite Surfing & Paddle Boards
- Lagoon Tours
- Local Sports Events
- Shopping and Fashion
- Sunset Canape Cruise
- Tropical Gardens
- Whale Watching/Outer Reef Cruise
Great Cook Island Deals for you at Rarotonga’s Fishing Lodge – GT’s………..
Rates Include Free of Charge:
- Arrival transfers directly from airport.
- Courtesy car for guests own use(excess applies).
- Complimentary chilled bottle of wine and beers with a fresh fruit platter on arrival.
- A full breakfast of fresh fruit, cereals, cooked menu options, and beverages is offered each morning.
- Exclusive use of guests’ private lounge, BBQ area, swimming pool and gardens.
- Use of golf clubs, trundlers, and snorkelling gear.
- Access to Wi-Fi throughout lodge grounds with a Zenbu Wi-Fi card (available at GT’s).
- Departure transfers directly to Airport.
- Free GT’s Lodge T-Shirt or Singlet for each guest.
- Rates are shown in New Zealand dollars and include VAT.
- We accept Visa & MasterCard credit cards.
- Minimum stay is 3 nights.
- Cancellation and non-arrival policy applies.
We only cater for one group of up to eight people at a time so GT’s is yours enjoy as you wish.
To secure your booking for accommodation, a 30% deposit is required at time of confirmation. All rates include VAT.
ACCOMMODATION & FISHING PACKAGE:
Package is for a minimum of 4 people and maximum of 8 people.
- 7 nights/8 days accommodation
- 1 × 1/2 day fishing charter aboard Blue Water Tours
- Free return airport transfers
- Free use of courtesy vehicle (excess applies)
- Free use of golf clubs
- Free use of snorkelling gear
- Beautiful tropical breakfast served each morning
- Free GT’s Lodge T-Shirt or Singlet for each guest
Total package at GT’s Lodge for only $995.00 per person.
- Cancellation and non arrival policy applies to all bookings made at GT’s Lodge.
- The guest will be charged 30% of the total price if they cancel after reservation and the total price if they cancel in the 30 days before arrival. Any nights that we are able to re-sell will be deducted from the cancellation fee.
GT’s is a very popular place to stay and we are often booked out in advance. We strongly recommend guests take out Travel Insurance to guard against any unforeseen events.
Rarotonga – the People & Island………
Visitors to Rarotonga and the Cook Islands will discover not only a wonderful climate and beautiful landscape, but also friendly and generous people and a very relaxed way of life. It is a holiday destination which offers tranquillity and beauty, where the local people are both genuine and happy.
Cook Islanders have a strong cultural identity, which has been moulded over centuries. Traditional culture lives on in the performance of song and dance, and Cook Islanders are famous throughout the pacific for their fast, frenzied dancing. Part of the allure of Rarotonga and the Cook Islands is that it is real, not just a destination designed for tourists. As you roam the island you find real people going about life, just as they have always done.
Rarotonga itself is easy to get around by car, scooter, bike or bus and is approximately 31kms in circumference. Jaggered volcanic mountains rise from the interior and the coral reef circles a beautiful lagoon of clear, calm, turquoise water perfect for all types of water sports. On your way round you will discover deserted white sandy beaches, sparkling waterfall, tropical fruits and fragrant flowers. Take in some of Rarotonga’s nature walks to see some amazing views and get close to the local birdlife.
Visitors Tips for the Cook Islands:
- Banks – ANZ & Westpac both service Rarotonga. ATM’s are located at various point around Rarotonga.
- Currency is the NZ dollar.
- Climate – April to November is the dryer, cooler season 20°C to 25°C on average and, December to March generally wet and warmer 26°C to 30°C on average.
- Clothing – light and casual is the norm with smarter dress if you are planning on attending church services.
- Communications – Telecom Cook Islands provides telephone, mobile and Wi-Fi services. There are many Wi-Fi Hotspots around the island.
- Duty Free – allowances for each visitor are 2 litres of spirits or wine, or 4.5 litres of beer. 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco. Often it is cheaper to buy your duty free in Rarotonga although the selection might not be as diverse. Visit Sava Duty Free
- Driving is all on the left hand side of the road. You can use your own foreign license provided it covers the vehicle you are using. If you need to get a license it can be done easily at the police station.
- Language is English and Cook Islands Maori.
- Medical and Dental services are available 24 hours a day. There are no poisonous animals or insects on Rarotonga. Mosquito repellent is advised.
- Safety – Rarotonga and the Cook Islands are relatively safe but you are advised to lock your accommodation and not leave personal items unattended.
- Tourist Information is located in Avarua town next to the ANZ bank.